About Us

The Toronto Saracens RFC was established during the early 1950′s. It was formed from the sum of players branching out from the Toronto Irish, Nomads and Barbarians. All of those clubs had an overabundance of players at that time. Back then, the rugby games were played at High Park. After the games the team would visit the various local pubs in and around the area. It was there, in one of those establishments (not too sure which one), that the Toronto Saracens Rugby Football Club was conceived. The Toronto Saracens was initially formed in 1953, but formally established in 1954. Since then, the Saracens have won the Carling Cup twice (1959 and 1977), the Pony Bowl (1982) and the Old Vienna Cup (Marshall Trophy) (1983). We are one of the original investors in the “Home of Ontario Rugby” Fletchers’ Fields, which is our home field.

Club Executives
President – Steve Townend
Vice President Finance – Natalie Tam
Vice President Administration – Kelly McGuinness
Club Captain Men – Rooie Ash
Club Captain Women – Petra Woods
Director of Funding – Zoriana Workun
Fixtures Coordinator – Aaron Howes
Fletcher’s Field Director – Oliver Mason
Recruitment Officer – Sara Canini
Equipment Manager – Fiona Walsh
Social Convenor – Megan Pakulis 
Junior Development Officer – Fedelia Omoghan (W) and Daniel Pornaras(M)

Please email info@torontosaracens.com for any queries.

Board of Directors
Steve Townend                                            Natalie Tam
Peter Hadas                                                   Pooya Jalali
Kelly McGuinness                                      Alex Falconer
Markus Raty