The Toronto Saracens RFC was established during the early 1950′s. It was formed from the sum of players branching out from the Toronto Irish, Nomads and Barbarians. All of those clubs had an overabundance of players at that time. Back then, the rugby games were played at High Park. After the games the team would visit the various local pubs in and around the area. It was there, in one of those establishments (not too sure which one), that the Toronto Saracens Rugby Football Club was conceived. The Toronto Saracens was initially formed in 1953, but formally established in 1954. Since then, the Saracens have won the Carling Cup twice (1959 and 1977), the Pony Bowl (1982) and the Old Vienna Cup (Marshall Trophy) (1983). We are one of the original investors in the “Home of Ontario Rugby” Fletchers’ Fields, which is our home field.
There’s a place for everyone with the Toronto Saracens. Junior Boys, Junior Girls, Senior Men, and Senior Womens are the successful teams that proudly wear the green and white jersey on the pitch. Our team bonds through our love of rugby on the pitch and our team social events off the pitch.
Full registration is suspended alongside the suspension of all rugby related events due to COVID-19. For information on how to be apart of our team during this time please contact email@example.com to secure your standing as a Saracen. We are like family, and will continue to be there for each other during these unprecedented times.
EGM to be held on Wednesday May 13th, at 7:30pm via Zoom (additional details TBA).
Free online GYM training for all club members every Sunday. See calendar for more details!