Toronto Saracens was initially formed in 1953, but formally established in 1954. It was formed from the sum of players branching out from the Toronto Irish, Nomads and Barbarians. All of those clubs had an overabundance of players at that time. Back then, the rugby games were played at High Park. After the games the team would visit the various local pubs in and around the area. It was there, in one of those establishments (not too sure which one), that the Toronto Saracens Rugby Football Club was conceived.
The Saracens have won the Carling Cup twice (1959 and 1977), the Pony Bowl (1982) and the Old Vienna Cup (Marshall Trophy) (1983). We are one of the original investors in the “Home of Ontario Rugby” Fletchers’ Fields, which is our home field.
President – Pooya Jalali
VP Finance – Rudi Arata
VP Administration – Mike Melick
Club Captain Men – Chris Swain
Club Captain Women – Karla Telidetzki
Director of Funding – Geoff Howes
Fixtures Coordinator – Kevin Leung
Fletcher’s Field Director – Alison Duffy
Director of Recruitment – Kelly McGuinness
Equipment Manager – Alex Nevermann
Social Convenors – Leonard Ivey & Petra Woods
Junior Development Officer – Ken Darch
Board of Directors